Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Best Window Display


DSC03187.JPG, originally uploaded by Theresa Di Moan.

There is no doubt about it: the most exciting window display in town belongs to an eyeware boutique with one of the lamest of names (Granville Mall Optical). There is always something to stare at in their windows, in fact it's like an entire art gallery. Sometimes dioramas, other times artsy ceramics with questionable fuancionalities, frightening masks or their current exhibit of gothic gowns, made entirely of paper!

The reason I'm showing you this is because for the first time in my life, I've gotten a pair of sunglasses over $20 (just a little short of $200) and I love them! They came from this shop, not surprisingly. It's not the first time I find something explicitly cool there: perscription glasses for my best friend (talking about funky!), or the best ever, bold squarish glasses for my geeky x-boyfriend (I totally saved his sight that day, not to mention maintaining his great looks which lasted longer than our relationship).

Well, this time I was there for me. The gentleman in the shop (who has always been helpful before) picked these ones right away. And he was right. They may not look all the impressive on their own, but on my face they totally rock. Plus their colours are like nothing I've seen before. I just couldn't stand the idea of another black or turtle shell pair of glasses again. No thanks... The model is "Riddle" by Oakley, the frame is "pink latte" and the lenses are bronze. I like my windows now...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Good Morning! Just to say I love your blog, especially with all your photos. I'm a total shoe fanatic but find it hard to get shoes to fit: I'm size 35 continental (I think that's US size 4)! However, you don't want to know my problems - keep posting, it cheers me up! By the way, you'll love your Oakleys for years to come: they are a great investment. Now I'm off to the shops,
Linda x

3:18 AM  
Blogger Theresa di Moan said...

Linda,
So glad you like my blog!
You made my day :)
And glad you think the Oakleys are a good choice. I'm loving them a lot and just look for excuses to keep them on...

Size 35 must be so tricky... Especially if you are past the age of 10 ;) Must be hard to find a good fit. I think it's size 5 actually (look at the "W" row in that table), which should make it just slightly more doable than a size 4!

I have a friend who is size 5-1/2 and it's really hard to find shoes her size. She usually ends up with a 6 or 6-1/2. Strangely, she's really into wearing those thick, chunky and fuzzy socks, so that kind of fills the gap for her... And she also adds insoles to all the shoes she gets. I've been shoe shopping with her a lot and she seems to be happy with that, but I wish there was a thoughtful designer who made shoes her size...

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home